domenica 14 febbraio 2010

una prova concreta!

"ALEX
Oh, Edward! I've prepared you such a treat! I really think that of all my triumphs this is the greatest. To make something out of nothing! Never, even when travelling in Albania, have I made such a supper out of so few materials as I found in your refrigerator. But of course I was lucky to find half-a-dozen eggs.

EDWARD
What! You used all those eggs! Lavinia's aunt has just sent them from the country.

ALEX
Ah, so the aunt really exists. A substantial proof.

EDWARD
No, no... I mean, this is another aunt."

Thomas Stearns Eliot: The Cocktail Party
Faber & Faber Ltd., London - 1969
pag. 50

catalogazione: una delle librerie in soggiorno
Condividi su Facebook

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

benvenuti nella nostra biblioteca. Benvenuti due volte se venite accompagnati da un libro!